Tuesday, September 16, 2008

BUSY, BUSY, BUSY

Yep, that's me! Always busy trying to juggle all of my jobs and responsibilities! It has been several weeks since I've posted, so I thought I would update you on my life. The most exciting news is that I have another job! In addition to my full time job at Bishop Kelley (working in the business office and coaching basketball), I am teaching a GRAD accounting class at ORU! This class meets every Monday night for 2.5 hours, and we have had 4 weeks of classes already. I am absolutely LOVING it! While I definitely knew that teaching would be in my future, I never dreamed I would be teaching this year, especially at the college level, and a grad class at that. I have definitely had my anxious moments, but mostly it has been a great experience. I have a small class of 14 students which allows for lots of open discussion and group learning. I also have a great "mentor" teacher who is teaching the same class at the same time. Normally, he would be teaching all of the grad accounting students, but the enrollment was too high for one class, so ORU brought me on board literally at the last minute. I thank God for this awesome opportunity and for giving me the courage to pursue it. :)


Let's see... what else is going on? Well, I'm currently driving my parents' car. My car had been acting weird on sudden stops, so I left it in McPherson last weekend to get checked out. It is getting fixed and should be fine in a few days. Also, while home in Mac, my parents and I went to the Kansas State Fair, which is a long-standing Fithian family tradition. The weather was cool and damp, but we had fun anyway. We saw the butter sculpture, bought honey sticks, ate at Krehbel's, watched Ron Diamond the hypnotist, and rode on the Ye Olde Mill ride. All in all, a very fun day!

On a final note, I am really enjoying the cooler fall weather! This whole week is supposed to be super nice and I am looking forward to spending some evenings outside... or inside with my patio door open. Another reason I'm glad to see the start of fall: FOOTBALL SEASON!!! GO BRONCOS!!!

What are you looking forward to in the months to come?

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Sounds like you are getting to do many of the things you enjoy, we are so happy for you! It is finally raining here in SC so I guess I would say we are looking forward to more rain and in October being able to experience the beautiful fall they are suppose to have around here. I heard the KS Fair was damp. As you mentioned all those things Jamie, it made me homesick :-(. Blessings! Nancy