Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Pee-Wee Camp Pics

Okay, here's some pics from today's Pee-Wee Camp!

A few of my girls. They were the taggers for a crowd-pleasing game of Car Lot.

Playing Basketball Musical Chairs with paper instead of chairs. Each girl has her own ball and must make a basket (when the music stops) before claiming a piece of paper. It's fun!!


My team this week - The Dynamites!

The Bad Butterflies - The girls pick out their own team names!! This one is about the strangest yet.

The Dolphins - aka the adorable younger girls.

I had a terrific time at camp today, and I think it is because of the following reasons:

1) I stopped for some QuikTrip French Vanilla Cappuccino on the way to camp!

2) I decided to be enthusiastic and goofy all day (instead of grouchy)

3) I changed the "bathroom policy" - the girls can now only go on breaks (except for emergencies)

4) God reminded me why He has given me the gifts to work with children and play/coach basketball

Tomorrow is the last day! It will go by fast because we have an "Awards Ceremony" for the last half an hour. The girls show off their new skill to parents, siblings, grandparents, etc. I'm expecting a huge crowd because we have so many girls. Hopefully, I won't be too nervous to talk in front of everyone!

I've got to finish my player evaluations, so I'll call it a night on the computer!

~ Jamie ~

P.S. Erin, thank you for the comments! I'm glad one person is reading my posts. lol! I really appreciate the teacher "story" - I don't think I've heard that before but it is certainly true!! I honestly can't understand how you elementary teachers do it. So many of my friends teach elementary, and all of you guys are amazing!

1 comment:

Gina said...

Jamie! We are finally back from all of our travels and I have the time to read your blog. I'm so happy to read about your experiences with basketball camp. I will "stoppinng by" whenever I get the chance!

Take Care,
Gina