Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Getting Started

I've wanted to start a blog for a while now but didn't feel like I had a whole lot to share. I still don't really have a lot to say, but I like to write and I would like to post some thoughts and life events every now and again. So here goes...

This summer I am managing the pool at MeadowBrook Country Club where I have lifeguarded the past 4 summers. It is a fun job, and I am learning a ton about management! I am responsible for maintaining both of our pools, which is by far the toughest part of my job. The equipment is old and has a tendency to stop working at all the wrong times! lol However, the pool members and my lifeguards are good people and make my job interesting, entertaining, and enjoyable. I am responsible for scheduling and making sure everyone is happy (the club manager, the members, and my lifeguards). I also teach swimming lessons at the club, and its such a great feeling to see kids learn and become stronger swimmers. This is probably my favorite part of my job. Well, besides my fantastic tan (just kidding)!!!

This fall I will be coaching varsity and jv basketball and working in the business office at Bishop Kelley High School, a private Catholic high school here in Tulsa. I have already been working with my basketball girls for over a month, and I absolutely LOVE it! Coaching is definitely a calling on my life - I love investing my time and energy in kids of all ages.

I think that's about it as far as updating on what's going on in my life. I am trying to become more active in my church (Cedar Ridge Christian Church) and have found a college Bible study group (we also play water volleyball every week!). I just try to stay as busy at possible! :)

1 comment:

The Malones said...

I am so glad to be able to keep up with you! Sounds like you have your hands full this summer. That is great about your job! Can't wait to hear updates about your team!